**Kehukee Work Day has been rescheduled to Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 8:00 AM- 1:00 PM
AT THIS TIME…. ALL MEETINGS FOR THE PETERSBURG BAPTIST ASSOCIATION HAS BEEN CANCELED THROUGH THE END OF APRIL. WE WISH EVERYONE TO REMAIN HEALTHY AND BE SAFE. WE WILL POST UPDATES WHEN MEETINGS WILL BEGIN TO BE RESCHEDULED.
CANCELED Budget & Finance Meeting
Wednesday, March 18 at 9:30 AM.
CANCELED MINISTERS CONFERENCE
The Executive Committee approved the recommendation of the Personnel Committee to seek and employ a Summer Missionary this year. We are interested in a young adult with at least one year of college, who has a heart for ministry, working especially with children and youth in the Association. The Summer Missionary would be available to assist in Vacation Bible Schools of member churches on a first-call, first-served basis. He or she would also be available to assist with activities at Camp Kehukee involving children or youth sponsored by the PBA or member churches. Other duties are listed in the job description that is located on the insert of your Gleam and on our web page. The Missionary must be available to work about 30 hours/week for at least 10 weeks during the summer, and have their own transportation. The pay would either be $15/hour, or a salary of up to $4500. Contact the PBA office for more information. A candidate may email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Petersburg Baptist Association P.O. Box 3117 Petersburg, VA 23805 by March 23 if interested. We would like to present a candidate at the April 20 Executive Committee Meeting.
Dr. Mark Hughes, Chairman, PBA Personnel Committee
JOB DESCRIPTION: SUMMER MISSIONARY
Principal Function: Work with the PBA Staff and Member Churches to plan and lead an active Children’s and Youth Ministry for the summer.
- Be available to assist in Vacation Bible Schools of member churches on a first-call, first-served basis. This could include preparing and conducting teaching, music and worship, recreation, crafts, etc. as able.
- Be available to assist with activities at Kehukee involving children or youth sponsored by the PBA or member churches.
- Be available to assist with summer mission trips sponsored by member churches or the PBA provided that the Summer Missionary’s expenses are paid by the sponsor of the trip.
- To plan and coordinate the implementation of activities for children and youth which will lead to the salvation of the unsaved and the spiritual development of our Christian youth and children. He/she should personally participate in most of these activities.
- He/she shall be responsible for keeping member churches informed about any programs offered through the Gleam and other means.
- Do planning, study, phone calls, administrative work at the PBA office unless other ministry requires him/her to be out of the office. Answer the phone when one of the secretaries is not in the office.
- If possible, plan and lead a children’s or youth camp at Kehukee in early August.
- Counsel with children, youth and their families, as he/she feels qualified, or help them to find qualified help elsewhere.
- See to it that all PBA sponsored events involving children and youth are conducted in accordance with the PBA Child and Youth Abuse Prevention Program.
- To attend staff meetings as directed by the Director of Missions.
- Give weekly action reports to the DOM.
- He/she shall assume such other collateral duties as may be assigned by the DOM, which would provide needed assistance of PBA ministries, if time permits.
- The proposed pay is to be based on $15/hour and an average weekly work load of 30 hours/week for 10 weeks. The Personnel Committee will determine if the Intern is paid by the hour or a salary. Thus, the maximum pay would be $450/week, or a total of $4,500 for 10 weeks, payable from saving reserve account #8013.
Must pass background screening in accordance with the PBA Child and Youth Abuse Prevention Program.
Candidate should have completed at least one year of college and have their own transportation.